CBS and Paramount have finally unveiled the home release dates and details for Star Trek Discovery and Lower Decks, with a combined 4 hours of special features, including cast and crew interviews, deleted scenes, featurettes and gag reels.
Star Trek Discovery Season Three:
|The STAR TREK™: DISCOVERY: SEASON THREE Blu-ray™ and DVD release offer hours of special features, including:|
|● STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON THREE – Jump to the future with the crew of the Discovery as they discuss the new adventures with writers and producers, and dive into how their visions were realized by the cast, sets, costumes and props. |
● STUNTED – Featuring interviews with cast and stunt coordinator Christopher McGuire, fans get a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunts from rehearsal to the expertise required to make them safe, believable and executed to perfection.
● BEING MICHAEL BURNHAM (Exclusive) – Sonequa Martin-Green takes fans on her season-long journey as Michael Burnham with her personal record of the season and this beloved character.
● KENNETH MITCHELL: TO BOLDLY GO – Traditionally the man behind the mask in Discovery, Kenneth Mitchell is unveiled as Aurellio in the third season. Featuring cast and crew interviews, this emotional and intimate look touches on Kenneth’s life with ALS. Discussed on camera for the first time, the featurette highlights how Kenneth’s wheelchair was included for his on-screen character, his own take on the various roles he played in Discovery and what those roles mean to the show.
● BRIDGE BUILDING – Fans have been intrigued by Starship Discovery’s Bridge Crew for three seasons. Now, they can immerse themselves in all things crew-related in this behind-the-scenes look showcasing the characters and actors who bring them to life each week.
● WRITER’S LOG: MICHELLE PARADISE (Exclusive) – Showrunner Michelle Paradise provides a personal log about shooting the beginning of season three in Iceland.
● DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)
● GAG REEL (Exclusive)
Check out more details including cast list, episode list and more here.
STAR TREK™: DISCOVERY: SEASON THREE arrives on Blu-ray™, DVD, Blu-ray™ SteelBook® and to Download & Keep from the 15th November.
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 1:
|The Blu-ray™ and DVD offer fans all 10 episodes from the debut season and nearly two hours of exclusive special features including:|
|● CRISIS POINT: THE RISE OF VINDICTA TRAILER (Exclusive) – An exclusive, over-the-top action trailer based on the in-episode movie from “Crisis Point.” |
● FACES OF THE FLEET – A deep dive into the crew of the U.S.S. Cerritos, alongside producers, writers and the cast of Star Trek: Lower Decks. Highlighting character backstories and the behind-the-scenes development of their hilarious on-screen personalities, this exclusive featurette takes a look at Ensigns Beckett Mariner, Ensign Brad Boimler, Ensign Samanthan Rutherford, Ensign D’Vana Tendi and more.
● HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT (Exclusive) – An inside look at canon and hidden Easter eggs throughout the series, including freeze frame images and insightful commentary from producers, creatives and cast.
● LOWER DECKTIONARY:
○ JOINING STARFLEET (Episode 101) (Exclusive) – Producers and crew discuss the development of season one from storyline to visual artistry.
○ ALIENS AMONG US (Episode 102) (Exclusive) – Dives into the different aliens Ensigns Brad Boimler and Beckett Mariner encounter as they escort K’orin to the Tulgana 4 planet.
○ THE ANIMATION PROCESS (Episode 103) (Exclusive) – A look at the efficiency and creativity needed to put together an episode of “Lower Decks” in this other-worldly look at the animation process.
○ THE MAIN TITLES (Episode 104) (Exclusive) – Immersed in the creation of the episode’s title sequence, the featurette explores the graphic design and thematic music developed for Lower Decks.
○ ART DESIGN (Episode 105) (Exclusive) – A look at characters’ style and the sets that elevate the animated on-screen adventures of the U.S.S. Cerritos.
○ THE HOLODECK (Episode 106) (Exclusive) – Including interviews with cast and creatives, the featurette highlights what Holodeck experience they would like, how characters use it, and how it’s not only used for skills training, but sanity.
○ DIVISION 14 (Episode 107) (Exclusive) – Not everything goes right for Starfleet – catch up with Division 14 who is tasked with dealing with all the unexpected mishaps.
○ DECK DYNAMICS (Episode 108) (Exclusive) – A dive into the upper and lower deck dynamics, and how their comedic interactions contribute to the storyline throughout season one.
○ THE MUSIC OF LOWER DECKS (Episode 109) (Exclusive) – Star Trek music is iconic. Explore how traditional themes have been integrated into Lower Decks and the episode’s in-story movie in this deep dive into the differences of scoring for animation versus live action, and comedy versus drama.
○ ALL IN THE FAMILY (Episode 110) – As the debut comes to a close, fans can take a look at evolution of the crew and their relationships over the last year, and how Lower Decks fits into the Star Trek family as a few legacy characters appear.
● FULL LENGTH ANIMATIC (Exclusive)
● DELETED ANIMATICS (Exclusive)
See more details about the home media release here.
STAR TREK™: LOWER DECKS: SEASON 1 arrives on Blu-ray™, DVD and Blu-ray™ SteelBook® from the 29th November.